Moisture contents at which soil has smallest plasticity is called limit.
Plastic Limit Apparatus
Moisture contents at which soil has smallest plasticity is called limit. For determination purpose plastic limit is defined as the water content at which a soil will just begin to crumble when rolled into a thread of 3mm. dia.
Specifications: The complete set consists of one each:-
1. Glass plate 20 cm x 115 cm having ground ends and one side frosted.
2. Brass or stainless steel rod 3 mm dia x 150 mm long.
3. Flexible spatula.
4. Set of 6 moisture containers.
5. Porcelaine basin 150 mm dia.
6. Plastic wash bottle 500ml.